As part of the McMurdo Dry Valleys Long Term Ecological Research program, meteorological data are collected from various locations throughout the McMurdo Dry Valleys of Antarctica. This data package contains daily averaged measurements derived from 15-minute data generated by the Miers Valley Meteorological Station (MISM), located in Miers Valley.
...or query the dataset by variables and dates of interest:
Notes 2012 - Basagic.
1. Station visit on 11/28/2012 at 9:20. Datalogger date and time are correct. Input values and wind alignment looks good.
No ultrasonic at site, but station is still programed for measurement.
2. GPS: 78.10115, 163.78778
3. Station maintenance on 11/28/2012: power off to add additional 100 amp hr battery and new style regulator. Swapped
Omni antenna for Yagi antenna. Swapped SM at 13:45.
4. Post-processing: Processed with telemetry data. Delete first line of data. One line missing data from station visit 11/28/2012 at 13:30, multiple repetitive lines of data were deleted between 1/3/13 and 1/9/13, no missing data during this period.
Notes 2013 - Basagic
1. Station visit on 11/21/2013 at 12:45 by Basagic, Cronin, and Doran. Datalogger date and time are correct. Input values and wind alignment looks good. No ultrasonic at site, but station is still programed for measurement.
2. Station maintenance on 11/21/2013: Swapped up facing pyranometer (old: PY28370; new: PY28169) at 13:45. swapped down facing pyranometer (old: PY18656; new PY23250) at 13:15, and quantum (old: Q9916, new:Q30803) at 13:30.
3. Post-processing: Processed with telemetry data. Delete last line of data in SM01. No sonic ranger, all data flagged as missing. One line of missing data on August 30, 2013 (242) at 19:30. Air pressure data looks suspect. Winter battery low was 12.2v.
On Oct 2014, Inigo splitted the GADM tables into MISM and GADM to reflect the different locations of the data streams. These data are only about miers met station.
Meteorological data is collected year-round at each of the stations in the McMurdo Dry Valleys of Antarctica. After retrieving this data (usually every January), the parameters that are recorded are processed from level 0 (raw) to level 1 (processed, provided on the web). The raw data file descriptions and task lists summarize what was done to get from level 0 to level 1 for all station found at the following address: